People are connecting more than they ever have. Connecting with each other, and the world. It’s a revolution. And with our fibre and mobile networks, we’re at the heart of it.
We’re connecting millions to information and entertainment, to friends and family, at home or on the move. Whether they’re banking on their laptop, watching movies through their YouView box, or tweeting on their smartphone, we’re making it fast, safe, reliable and easy. And we’re backing it up with great service.
We’re proud to be the world’s oldest communications company but we’re coming at new markets like mobile, TV and sport with the disruptive attitude of a start-up.
Doing that takes creativity, energy, curiosity, drive, initiative and ideas. It takes people who make things happen and don’t settle for second-best. Does that sound like you? If the answer’s yes, come and help us revolutionise things for our customers.
A huge chunk of our sales comes through our website, bt.com. And it’s up to our Digital team to drive more people online, make it easy for them to take up our latest offers and bundles, and make sure our marketing plans translate into a smooth online experience.
We’re also helping more customers help themselves online, whenever it suits them. And we’re giving them excellent content to draw them in: bt.com is our portal (as well as our online shop-front) so it’s got to be appealing, useful and interesting. We keep it that way with the most important news stories, entertaining videos, and useful life hacks to help with things like personal finance, and all their tech and gadgets.
So you’ll need to be able to translate commercial and customer needs into online capabilities to deliver on our plans, and some technical knowledge to help us stay across all the latest developments, keep the site running efficiently, and talk code with our technical teams. But we also need people who understand how our customers think and behave; people with the imagination to create virals and ‘sticky’ content to turn browsers into buyers; and people who can see the story behind the data.
Digital Marketers at BT Consumer deliver best in class digital customer experiences, whether it’s joining BT, managing your account online, watching BT Sport online or engaging with digital content. During your apprenticeship, you’ll learn how to deliver these brilliant digital customer experiences, ranging from e-commerce to online service and content marketing, allowing you to build a strong foundation in Digital Marketing
A Marketing Apprenticeship in Digital will give you the opportunity to work in a number of different marketing teams; sales, customer engagement, digital capability and digital media.
The programme will give you experience in the following areas:
- Creating brilliant digital experiences to drive broadband, TV, sport & mobile sales
- Working with user experience and visual designers to merchandise deals and get people to buy online
- Reporting and understanding trading performance, using sales reports, web analytics and insights tools
- Delivering brilliant digital experience for existing customers
- Helping customers to recontract, upgrade and manage their products online
- Creating simple digital journeys to allow customers to self-serve i.e. check their bill, get help
- Working with technology to develop new digital experiences
- Developing wireframes to create brilliant sales processes for new products
- Designing simple self-serve capabilities
- Working on our portal and BT Sport digital products – a destination for existing and prospect customers to engage with BT digitally
- Working with our team of journalists to promote sales of other products to BT customers via the portal and social channels
- Developing commercial strategies to drive revenue from our digital estate
User experience / User Interface apprenticeship
You could be joining a new, dynamic and ambitious creative team within BT Consumer Digital. You will work on a range of tasks from user interface/user experience, marketing work, branding exercises, helping create presentations and assisting on great designs for our customers. You must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment in a diverse team. You will often have to work to short deadlines and expect to be challenged on a daily basis. We like creatively smart people who can grow with the company. This is an opportunity to really hone your skills in this industry to determine the direction you wish to go in.
As a User Experience/User Interface designer you will:
- Have an interest in User Research, User Centred Design, Mobile, Web, Social Media
- Support more senior UX and UI designers across a variety of projects
- Build internal relationships with other members of the Digital team
- Have an affinity to learn skills around your profession, growing your personal development
- Be a digital advocate
- Have an interest in the technical aspect of online experiences
- Team player
- An eye for detail
- Being pro-active
- Some understanding of relevant design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure, Sketch, etc?. would be helpful
- Good written and verbal communicator ???
- Passion for designing online experiences?
- Good organizational and time management skills ?
Our development team in Consumer are responsible for building and maintaining the BT products website which is visited by millions of customers each month. During your apprenticeship, you'll learn how to build industry standard websites using modern software development tools. You will be plugged into a team of brilliant people who will help you reach your full potential as a front end developer.
The Digital team are in charge of the online space for BT Consumer. This includes the bt.com website, the sale websites (productsandservices.bt.com), the user account pages (MyBT) and the systems used by our call centres to aid them in supporting customers.
We are looking for apprentices to join our development team who help design, build and maintain these websites. We are team of around 25 web developers who love problem solving and coding.
As an apprentice you would receive training and experience in:
- How to write and maintain our websites.
- Experience with content management systems to enable you to quickly update our websites.
- You would be plugged into weekly website releases where your code would be seen by millions of customers each month.
It is a fast paced job with lots of challenges and supported by a great team of enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about delivery quality.
You can expect training and mentoring to enable you to reach your full potential. You would also get buddied up with existing apprentices to ensure you feel at home in our team.
For our full degree programme you will need to achieve (or have achieved) 3 A-Level qualifications with a minimum of BCC grade by September 2017 (or equivalent qualifications). In addition you will need to have a minimum of 4 GCSE's at grade C or above including English Language and Maths.
We only accept one application to our Apprentice Programme, so please only apply to your first choice. If you're interested in more than one of our roles you can state this on your application, we can then consider you for all of the vacancies you have selected.